The following are procedures for requesting bus transportation from the district transportation operation other than regular home-to-school or special education:
ATHLETICS / ACTIVITIES:
- School’s designated athletic/activity coordinator must provide season information to the transportation office two weeks prior to first transportation.
- Season information must include:
- Entire season transportation dates
- Pick-up & drop off locations (including addresses)
- Pick-up & drop off times
- Coaches name and contact information
- Estimated number of students to be transported
- Other needs cargo, etc
- Playoff transportation requests are to be made by submitting a separate standard Bus Request form for each playoff event.
FIELD TRIPS / ONE-TIME TRIPS:
- Transportation for field trip and one-time trips, including athletic playoff events, are requested by submitting a Bus Request Form available from the link on this page or District Forms.
- Requests must be submitted two weeks in advance.
- Bus availability may be limited, depending of dates and times of requests, and will be handled on a first come/first served basis.
- Incomplete requests will be returned to the requesting staff member.
RECURRING PROGRAM TRANSPORTATION:
- Transportation for recurring programs such as special education services, after-school programs and summer programs are requested using the Bus Request Form the same as one-time trips.
- The following information must also accompany the Bus Request Form:
- A calendar of specific transportation days
- A roster of students to be transferred including addresses
Two activity vans are available for trained staff to drive for approved student transportation.
- In accord with ODE rules, staff must first receive training, provided by the district transportation operation, and be registered with the district’s insurer and ODE prior to driving the activity vans.
- Training and registration is requested by:
- Emailing a request to your supervisor, e.g. building administrator, athletic or activity director (only district employees may be trained and qualified).
- Supervisor, if approved, will forward e-mail with o.k. to the transportation office STASandy@ridesta.com .
- Transportation office will contact requesting staff to coordinate and complete training.
- Requesting staff will bring certificate of training to business office when complete and provide a driver licensed copy for registration with insurer.
- Requester is now qualified to drive activity vehicle.
- Activity vehicle is reserved for use by completing a Bus Request Form.
- Requester must pick up and drop off vehicle at the bus yard.
- Requester must fuel vehicle before returning to the bus yard using the fuel card in the vehicle to be provided by the transportation contractor.