Parents and Guardians of Sophomores and Juniors:
The PSAT/NMSQT will be held at Sandy High School on Wednesday Oct 11, 2017. PSAT/NMSQT stands for “Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test” This is the test students should take to prepare for the SAT which they will take in the later part of their Junior year.
Benefits your student receives for taking the PSAT/NMSQT:
- Prepare for the SAT with practice recommendations from Khan Academy based on performance on the PSAT/NMSQT
- Access college planning resources that can help you explore careers, colleges, majors, scholarships and more
- Enter the National Merit Scholarship Program for recognition and scholarships
- Show colleges and universities that you want to connect with them
- Access your skill levels and readiness for college and career
- Get suggestions on how to improve you academic skills
All sophomores and juniors should sign up with Mrs Tappert at the Fee Window. Sign-ups begin on September 18th.
The PSAT/NMSQT is free for Sophomores through a grant from the State of Oregon. Test costs $15 for juniors. (Starting Monday, October 2nd, price will be $16.) Any Junior on Free and Reduced lunch through the district also qualify’s for free registration. “Eligibility Notification-Free Meal Benefits” letter is required at time of signing up to receive free registration.
Students receiving a free registration are required to participate in the test. Any student who does not test will be billed on student account for cost of test.
Students will receive a Student Study Guide as well as informational sheet to prepare for the test at the time they sign up. Sign-ups are on a first come, first serve basis, so don’t delay. Sign-ups start on September 18th.
Questions? Contact Jennifer Mannor at email@example.com or 503-668-8011 ext. 7130.