Top Nav

Building determined safe after brief after-school evacuation

About an hour after school was released today at Sandy High School, a custodian noticed a smell of natural gas in the kitchen.  The building was evacuated and the fire department came to assess the situation.  A gas stove was not working properly.  After the gas was turned off and the fire department determined that it was safe for people to return to the building, the evacuation was lifted.  The stove will be out of service until it is repaired.