Local business leaders spent Tuesday morning shadowing our school principals as “Principal for a Day.” The popular event is an opportunity for business leaders to experience the day-to-day responsibilities and challenges of managing a public school, and to witness the outstanding teaching and learning occurring in our classrooms. Participants shared their experiences at the end of the event – some of which were very touching, and others that were pretty funny – all of which depicted a typical school day.
We want to thank the business leaders who spent their morning meeting our students and staff and witnessing ‘the heart’ of public education:
- Paula Walker, Confluence Law Center
- Debbie Maloy, Avamere at Sandy
- Valarie Salazar, Ant Farm
- Brian Patterson, Peak Mortgage
- Katie Wilson, Clackamas County Dept. of Public & Government Affairs
- Shannon Givens, Sandy Area Chamber of Commerce
- Sarina Nickerson, Mt. Hood Hospice
- Lisa Foster, LT Travel, and
- Landyn Shanks, Cascade Chiropractic
Principal for a Day has been sponsored by the Sandy Area Chamber of Commerce, and organized by their Career Education Committee, for the past 10 years.