Sandy High’s School Based Health Center has been honored with the Oregon Health Authority’s SBHC Excellence Award. Our SBHC is staffed by some awesome practitioners who work hard every day to ensure our children thrive:
- Nurse practitioner: Kim Tinker
- Mental Health Specialist: Batinah Dawdy-White, and
- Certified Medical Assistant: Pattierae Yeager
The Sandy High SBHC is unique in that they provide services to all Oregon Trail K-12 students and their siblings, not simply the students at Sandy High.
Jessica E.A. Duke, Oregon Health Authority Adolescent & School Health Program manager said, “This year, we want to acknowledge an SBHC who excelled in providing well visits to their youth.” The Sandy High SBHC has the highest rate of well visits among their 5-21 year-old clients, at 71% of the students who attend the SBHC for care.
The Sandy High SBHC is sponsored by Clackamas County Public Health. Services include:
- Diagnosing and treating injury and illness,
- Mental or emotional health services,
- Comprehensive physical exams,
- Well child checks,
- Screenings (blood pressure and vision),
- Laboratory tests,
- Alcohol and drug assessments, and
- Referrals to specialty services as needed
The Sandy High School Based Health Center is open on school days from 7 am to 3 pm. Call 503-668-3483 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Congratulations to our outstanding SBHC staff!